WHAT CRITERIA ARE WE LOOKING FOR
FOR THE “BE THE MOST” CAMPAIGN?
Be The Most is a campaign centered on making positive choices. The “Be the Most” Award nominee (youth, individual or organization) should showcase exceptional effort and passion to meet or exceed efforts promoting the Monroe County Safe Community Coalition’s focus areas to make living tobacco free, avoiding the misuse of alcohol and other drugs, and traffic safety the norm among Monroe County residents.
- Are making a difference through time, actions, talents and dedication in our community (Outstanding community service)
- Have a passion for helping others in his/ her community
- Have made a life changing decision that will impact how they live and contribute to society
- Are modeling positive behaviors in healthy living
- Consistently demonstrated qualities of compassion, and service to either one organization or a variety of volunteer activities in one year
- Have extensively and tangibly improved the lives of others
- Encourage action in building a better future for all Monroe County Citizens
- Are passionate and committed to empowering community
- Have taken on challenges for the greater good
- Raise awareness of social injustice and work to correct these imbalances
- Invest their resources for the well-being of all children – especially those that would otherwise miss out on the many opportunities that a young life should offer
- Apply innovation and creativity for addressing societal issues or constructed new ways to address persistent challenges in the lives of others
- Take action around social changes
- Engage others in projects that make an impact
We believe those nominated should have done something that was life changing for themselves or others and/or exhibited a wealth of compassion, strength, and/or courage.